Another Fox News Shocker! Shepard Smith Abruptly Quits After Tucker Carlson Feud

Fox News anchorman Shepard Smith abruptly resigned from the network after he got in a very public feud with co-star Tucker Carlson.

Smith had been with Fox New since 1996, when bigwig Roger Ailes launched the network — and has been the host of Shepard Smith Reporting seven days a week for years.

Smith, 55, said in a statement on Friday, October 11, “Recently I asked the company to allow me to leave Fox News and begin a new chapter. After requesting that I stay, they graciously obliged. The opportunities afforded this guy from small town Mississippi have been many. It’s been an honor and a privilege to report the news each day to our loyal audience in context and with perspective, without fear or favor. I’ve worked with the most talented, dedicated and focused professionals I know and I’m proud to have anchored their work each day—I will deeply miss them.”

He stunned viewers by announcing it would be his last day on the network.

“This is my last newscast here,” Smith said on air. “Thank you for watching today and over the decades as I traveled to many of your communities and anchored this program, Studio B, and Fox Report.”

Although Smith said the decision was his own, the news of his departure came after network controversy.

At the end of September, after Smith got former judge and Fox News regular Andrew Napolitano‘s opinions about President Donald Trump, a guest of Carlson’s, Joe DiGenova, called Napolitano “a fool.”

The next day, Smith fired back on his show, Smith took aim Carlson, 50, on his own show, noting that the comment was made by a “partisan” guest on an “opinion show.” He said the comment went “unchallenged” by Carlson.

“Attacking our colleague who’s here to offer legal assessments on our air is repugnant,” Smith added at the time to viewers.

The feud continued, as Carlson ended up calling Smith “partisan.”

Although Vanity Fair claimed sources said network executives told Smith to stop attacking Carlson on air, a Fox News spokesperson denied “anyone” spoke to Smith about it.

Smith’s exit is another disruption for Fox News, which came under fire over various sexual harassment issues.

Fox News founder Ailes was sued by former anchor Gretchen Carlson, who said he’d sexually harassed her. That suit was settled out of court — but prompted a flurry of new allegations against Ailes. He resigned in disgrace in July 2016 and <a target="_blank"

Source:: Radar OnlineRadar Online

      

(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *