A former student who opened fire at a Florida high school Wednesday left at least 17 people killed and 50 injured.
“I’m saddened to say that 17 people lost their lives.” Sheriff Scott Israel tweeted Wednesday afternoon. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office tweeted: “Victims have been and continue to be transported to Broward Health Medical Center and Broward Health North hospital.”
The gunman was armed with at least one AR-15 rifle and had “multiple magazines” when he opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, according to the sheriff.
PHOTOS: Mourning The Dead – Las Vegas Massacre Victims Identified
Broward County Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said there were “numerous fatalities.”
“It is a horrific situation.” Runice said. “It is a horrible day for us.”
The suspect has been identified as Nikolaus Cruz. He was taken into custody “without incident” about an hour after he left the school.
Matthew Walker, a student at the school, revealed to WFOR-TV that all his classmates “knew it was going to be him.”
PHOTOS: Las Vegas Mass Shooting: Chilling Videos Exposed
“A lot of people were saying it was going to be him,” the 17-year-old student said. “A lot of kids threw jokes around saying that he was going to be the one to shoot up the school. It turns out that everyone predicted it. That’s crazy.”
As previously reported, disturbing footage obtained by RadarOnline.com showed a classroom full of students cowering under desks as a gunman fired off rounds of bullets.
In the shocking video, terrorized people can be heard screaming in horror as a crazed shooter blares gunshots in the hallway.
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at email@example.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.
Source:: Radar OnlineRadar Online